Thursday, September 13, 2007



Beauty in a Mess

Sorry I lost touch. This is my new attempt to stay in touch and to give an outlet to my rambling thoughts.

I have been back in Alabama since the end of March. I cannot believe that I have almost been here for 6 months, the time has flown by. I never would I have thought that I would be back here in Anniston, Alabama and I honestly never thought I would ever love being here. I love being back. I felt confident when I was moving from SC that God was calling me back to Anniston. I did not know why or what, but knew He was calling. It has and is still taking some adjustment being back, but the move has come with great blessing.

When I first moved back I was working at Merle Norman Cosmetics part time. I worked there through highschool, so it was a bit humbling being back. I was like, I have my college degree and now I'm back working at the same place I worked in highschool and making less money. Crazy. I was also working part time at Church of the Cross filling in until Matt and Bethany Blair arrived to come on staff. I now have a full time job at CanterCreek promotional products studion as the Sales Executive. It feels good to be working full time. I do so much better when I am on a schedule.

I'm volunteering at my church with the youth teaching the morning small group and helping on wednesday nights. The kids are great and the youth group is growing each week, it's so amazing to be apart of it all.

Faith Presbyterian Church has an ESL (English as a sencond language) ministry and I have recently started tutoring one day a week. I'm loving this and I am grateful for the outlet for some diversity in my life. It's funny to hear them pronounce a word like a say it. I send to have a distinct way of saying certain words, so it makes me laugh when they say a word they learned from me and it's in my northern/southern/hodgepodge Amie language. I hope I don't screw up their English too bad! I am excited about the opportunity to share Christ as I build more relationships and as their English/understanding gets better.

I am slowly yet surely getting back to life and back to reality. I am making new friends and enjoying being around diverse people. I am dating a man (Mike), who is great to be around and who is a very talented drummer. One of the best, if you ask me. He's very artistic and fun to be around.


New Friend


Mike


Pretty much...life is good. I'm growing in the Lord, I have great friends and fellowship, God is providing financially and shouldn't complain half as much as I do about dumb stuff in my life.

Ok well this blog is way too long, but I look forward to once again attempting to do this blogging thing. I still have got to figure out how to make this blog look cool...man I don't have a clue. I need to take an evening and just spend reading and playing around. So any pointers of those of you who know how to do this junk would be appreciated!

No comments: