Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Bugs...grr

One would think that being 25 and having lived on my own for 7 years and traveled to 3rd world countries I would be accustomed or at least use to killing bugs.

It was 10pm and I was all alone on a Sunday night:

I had taken my new really cool swiss computer bag over to a friends house and had set it down outside. Well aparently while I was not looking, a little bug (for this story we shall call him Chuck). So little ole stinky Chuck crawled into my new bag and I without knowing took him home. I sat my bag on the chair in the den and as I was watching a bit of t.v. I see something out of the corner of my eye crawling out of my bag. Ohh yes, it was Chuck.

I yelled at Chuck, literally saying HEY BUG get back. I ran to get a shoe worthy enough to kill such a huge bug. I could not muster up the courage to move the bag, touch the bag or for that matter even get near the chair. So I calmed myself down, sat back down to watch a little t.v. Then I saw it slowly yet surely coming out of the bag again. I took my shoe and yelled and it ran back into the bag. Ugg, so close to almost getting the courage to kill it.

So I called Mike and asked him if he would come over and kill the bug for me. He said yeah. So while I was waiting on my Bug Killer in Shining Armor I kept my left eye on the bag and every time Chuck would venture out I would yell HEY BUG and he would retreat. However I believe Chuck finally got smart and realized I was no threat to him, so he took off. Faster then any bug I've ever seen and ran down into the chair. Now I knew we would be in trouble. So by the time Mike made it to rescue me we couldn't find the bug anymore. So for the rest of the night I sat and slept in fear that Chuck would come and run all over me with his little stinky legs. Ugg.

1 comment:

Jamie Dunbar said...

Amie,
That's got to be the funniest thing I've read all day. A bug named Chuck...that's pretty good